19 July 2012

Praying For Your Future Spouse



From  John Shabani

A lot of us have read books on courtship, dating, relationships, etc. We may know what we want to look for in a future husband or wife, and we may even think we know that person right now. It's good to know what to look for and use wisdom in this area (I wish I had more wisdom in this area), but I want to encourage you to add something else to your repertoire.

Praying for your future spouse will be a blessed experience.

When I was 14, I was a baby Christian, but I began to pray for my future wife. No, I didn't ask God to make her look pretty or try to design her personality the way I want it to be. I asked God to bless her wherever she was. Whether I knew her already or not, whether right now she is a Christian or not, whether right now she is spiritually mature or not, I asked God to watch over her and to keep her safe and pure.  Until now, that's my prayer and I trust that in His time, I'll get my wife.

I love my wife. Sure, I don't know who she is yet, and I don't stay up all night daydreaming about her (that would be weird), but just by praying for her, I am already committing myself to her. We know that we are to commit our bodies to the Lord and to our future spouses, but I think it is also a wise thing to commit our prayer life to them too.

A lot of this may sound silly at first, but I would encourage all of you to do this. Even if you have a steady girlfriend or boyfriend, or if you are courting someone, or you are already engaged, I still encourage you to pray for your spouse.

If we truly believe that prayer matters and that prayer can change things, it would make sense to pray for our future spouses.

Men, ask God to bless your wives and to protect and provide for them.

Women, ask God to bless your husbands and to them grow in Godly wisdom (boy do we need it). 


Example Prayer:

Father God, thank you for the gift of marriage. Thank you that this is your will for my life.

If it truly is your will that I find someone one day and commit my life to them, I ask that you see this happen. Lord, I don't know who my future wife is. I don't know where she is, and I don't even know if I have met her or not.

Whoever she is and wherever she is, I ask that you watch out for her. I pray that You lead her , protect her, provide for her, and teach her your Truth.

I also pray that you provide men and father figures in her life that can show her love and compassion. I pray that you provide these things for her until she is finally betrothed to me.

Also, help me develop into the Godly man you have called me to be. May I reflect Your Son, who is the true model for masculinity. Mold me into the future husband you want me to be, and mold my future wife in the woman you wish for her to be.

I pray these things in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Visitor Comments
so encouraging
Posted By IVONY - Uganda
am praying and believing god for a husband this year.i ant him to lead me through this process.i know at his right time i will be blessed.
i encourage other singles to pray and wait upon god.he has a perfect husband for you and at the right time everything will be made beautiful for.every good and perfect gift is from the lord and at the right time god makes everything beautiful.
you are right
Posted By Jimy - Canada
it right to pray for your futurewife or husband. please i need a husband and a GOD FEARING ONE; i believe God is hearing me and will grant my heat disire as well as yours
you are right
Posted By Ezrah on
it right to pray for your future wife or husband. please i need a husband and a GOD FEARING ONE; i believe God is hearing me and will grant my heat disire as well as yours
you are right
Posted By Samson
it right to pray for your futurewife or husband. please i need a husband and a GOD FEARING ONE; i believe God is hearing me and will grant my heat disire as well as yours
thank you
Posted By  Chandrah - USA
This is what I'm praying for my future spouse. I want God's timing for my life, not mine. My life is not my own; I am bought with a price. I pray that God would bring the right person into my life but that in the meantime he would prepare us both for each other and would protect and guide us and teach us his Truth. :) I've been praying off and on for my future husband for years and I want to encourage others to do the same.

Prayers
Posted By LZPAXTON - UK
In developing a prayer life, there are many things that we fail to pray for certain things because it is not happening to us now or it is not immediately in our future. As we grow into mature Christians, we begin to see what is necessary in our lives. We begin to seek the Will of God for our lives and walk in His purpose.
As for myself, the sample prayer was a good example. It helped me to get an idea of how to begin to pray a future spouse, whether it is for myself or for other single Christians.
Thanks
Posted By EDGARBUSINGE – South Africa
This is so encouraging. I have been in a fix but now i see some light on things that matter. I encourage other single persons to strictly put this into consideration as they seek God's will in this regard. God bless you all
……………………………………………………………………………

Hey! Are you interested
Do not hesitate to send your comment thought our e-mail address:
E-mail: touchingvoice@yahoo.com

0 comments:

HEART OF WORSHIP

HEART OF WORSHIP